On 23 May 2023, the 3rd National Scientific Conference 'Regulated markets - legal, financial and market competitiveness aspects. The potential of water and energy' was held at WSB University.
The main scientific and practical objective of the conference was to show megatrends and challenges facing companies in the regulated sector of public goods and to propose changes and solutions in the areas of law, financing, management to ensure the competitiveness of this sector.
The conference was inaugurated by the Rector of the WSB University, Prof. Zdzisława Dacko-Pikiewicz, PhD.
The opening speech was delivered by Ms Gabriela Morawska-Stanecka, Deputy Speaker of the Senate of the Republic of Poland, honorary patron of the conference.
The conference was also inaugurated by Mr Luiz Hanania, CFO of the Veolia Group in Poland, Vice President of the Management Board of Veolia Energia Polska S.A.
In the first part of the conference, the conference lecture was delivered by Prof. Michał Romanowski.
This was followed by the first panel discussion, entitled. "Local governments in regulated water markets. Responsibility without tools". It was moderated by Dr. Marcin Lis, Prof. AWSB, Pro-Vice Chancellor for Student and Community Relations at WSB University.
- Marcin Krupa, Mayor of the City of Katowice,
- Bartosz Guss, Vice-President of the City of Poznań,
- Adam Pustelnik, First Deputy Mayor of Łódź,
- Marcin Bazylak, Mayor of Dąbrowa Górnicza,
- Łukasz Czopik, Deputy Marshal of the Silesian Voivodship.
The second block of the conference started with a lecture given by Mr Sławomir Jankowski, President of the Management Board of Przedsiębiorstwo Wodociągów i Kanalizacji Sp. z.o.o. in Tarnowskie Góry.
The second panel discussion entitled. "Water will not flow forever - water cannot be replaced" was led by Mr Wojciech Dmochowski, Veolia Energia Polska S.A..
- Anna Graczyk, Vice President of the Management Board of Aquanet S.A. in Poznań, Technical Director,
- Michał Śmiechowicz, President of the Management Board of Zakład Wodociągów i Kanalizacji Sp. z o.o. in Łódź,
- Paweł Kopczyński, President of the Management Board of Sosnowiec Waterworks S.A,
- Krzysztof Zalwowski, President of the Management Board of Rejonowe Przedsiębiorstwo Wodociągów i Kanalizacji in Tychy,
- Henryk Drob, President of the Management Board of Górnośląskie Przedsiębiorstwo Wodociągów S.A,
- Stanisław Krusz, President of the Management Board of Katowicka Wodociągów S.A..
The third block of the conference started with a lecture given by Mr Paweł Orlof, President of the Management Board of Veolia Energia Warszawa S.A., General Director of Veolia in Lithuania.
The final panel discussion, entitled. "Water - two in one - synergies of water and energy" was chaired by Mr Adam Romanowski, Partner at Romanowski i Wspólnicy sp. k. Law Firm.
- Monika Gawlik, Director of the Department of Electricity and Heat Markets at the Energy Regulatory Office,
- Zbigniew Gieleciak, President of the Management Board of Regionalny Centrum Gospodarki Wodno-Ściekowej S.A,
- Grzegorz Należyty, President of the Management Board of Siemens Energy,
- Samir Abboud, Chairman of the Board of Innargi,
- Artur Dela, Chairman of the Supervisory Board and Founder of the ENERIS Group.
Today's event was the third in a series of planned four conferences on regulated markets. Planned date for the next event:
- 09.10.2023: topics on trade, products and marketing in regulated sectors