1. For how long will there be classes with no direct participation of academic teachers?
- There will not be classes with direct participation of academic teachers until 10 April 2020. Currently, classes are conducted on-line and via e-learning educational platforms. Details are sent to you by e-mail, we ask you to regularly check your e-mail and the Virtual University website. The schedule of classes is also available at http://www.wsb.edu.pl/index.php?p=m&idg=KORO,5376.
2. In what form will the classes take place?
- During this period, classes will be conducted on-line and via e-learning educational platforms. Details will be sent to you by e-mail, we ask you to regularly check your e-mail and the Virtual University website. The schedule of classes is also available at http://www.wsb.edu.pl/index.php?p=m&idg=KORO,5376.
3. Can we extend the exam session?
- For all students who have not obtained credit in the winter session, the deadline for passing the courses is extended until 30.06.2020. without having to submit an application. Students who failed to obtain credit in the Bachelor’s or Master’s seminar course are asked to contact their Supervisor by e-mail.
4. My student ID is going to expire. What should I do?
- There is no need to extend the validity of student ID cards at the Dean's Office, because pursuant to the decision of the Minister of Science and Higher Education, the ID validity period was extended until 31.05.2020.
5. Will the theoretical part of the Academic Legion program be implemented?
- Yes. The coordinators of the Academic Legion will inform you about the date of classes and the exam.
6. Will the Dean's office and library be open for students?
- The possibility of students' personal visits to Dean's offices and other departments of the University is suspended. We are asking you to submit matters necessary to be dealt with by e-mail or phone to individual employees until 10 April 2020. Matters reported electronically will be dealt with on a regular basis.
7. Is the defense of the thesis postponed?
- No. The defense will be held on-line. The employee of the Dean's office will inform you about the details.
8. What about social scholarship applications etc.?
- We are asking you to submit matters necessary to be dealt with by e-mail or phone to employees of the scholarship department: Katarzyna Rycerz, e-mail: email@example.com until 10 April 2020.
9. Will classes outside the course of studies (the Academic Sports Association) take place?
- Classes will not take place until 10 April 2020.
10. How can I submit documents as part of my application to study at WSB University?
- Apply for studies: rekrutacja.wsb.edu.pl. Please wait for a phone from a WSB University employee.
11. I need a visa certificate - how can I get it urgently?
- Please order all necessary certificates by e-mail or phone to the employees of the Dean's office. We will send certificates by post or e-mail.
12. If I have lost my source of income due to the coronavirus outbreak, can I receive any financial aid from the University?
- Yes. In a situation where the student or his/her family member has lost his/her source of income due to restrictions in the functioning of employers related to the situation of an epidemic threat, he/she may receive support in the form of a special aid from a scholarship fund.
Similar support is available to PhD students who started their doctoral studies before the 2019/2020 academic year.
The application for granting the financial aid can be found on the university website www.wsb.edu.pl/dlastudenta/stypendia/wnioski and should be submitted electronically to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should be accompanied by a scan or photo of a work certificate, and in the case of civil law contracts, a document confirming the termination of the contract.
At the same time, the above persons can apply for a social scholarship due to the loss of income. The maximum income for which one is entitled to receive a scholarship is PLN 1,051.70 per person in the family.
13. What about tuition fees?
- In the current semester, WSB University will implement full study programs for all forms of education it offers. Thus, we will enable you to complete your studies on the planned date, without any negative effects to the knowledge and skills that the graduate should have. Therefore, we currently do not expect changes to the payment rules for students.
14. Does the University provide discounts in tuition fees for students due to the new, online form of the implementation of study programs?
- Pursuant to the decision of the Minister of Science and Higher Education, WSB University changed the form of education to distance education. In connection with a change in the form of classes and the introduction of distance education (webinars, classes in synchronous and asynchronous form using instant messengers and platforms such as ZOOM, Microsoft Teams, ClickMeeting, and Moodle), the scope and volume of the program for each field of study and for the student provided for by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education remain unchanged. The learning outcomes also remain unchanged, the study program will be completed in full, which will allow you to be credited for completing your semester.
The tuition fee is a semester fee payable in installments. The monthly installments are fixed and do not depend on the number of teaching hours in the given month specified in the schedule.
The costs of education are not only the costs of remuneration for people conducting classes, but also the costs of administrative and accounting services, expenses related to the purchase of equipment and software for online teaching, technical support for this equipment and other costs related to the functioning of the University.
To achieve this goal and responding to the challenge we face together, WSB University was one of the first non-public universities in Poland to have started distance education. By the decision of the University authorities, additional funds in the budget were allocated to perform the above-mentioned activities and settle liabilities. As a result, the University does not introduce changes in the terms of payment for studies.
15. Can the student change the payment date?
- If payment dates are not convenient, the student may apply for changing them via e-mail to the address: email@example.com. The University, in justified cases, may set a different payment date.
16. Will the University change the rules of debt collection in the current situation?
- The University maintains the applicable terms of payment of tuition fees, i.e. until the 5th day of the month. We remind you that you can request a deferment of payment of one installment and the decision in this case is automatically positive if it is the first deferment in a given academic year. In other cases, the student may come to an agreement regarding payment of amounts due in installments. Letters regarding the case should be sent to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org